Friday, October 14, 2011

A casuality with hope on the other side

We had our sycamore tree pruned back yesterday, and unfortunately, there was an active dove nest that went undetected, till the babies were found on the ground at clean-up.

So I scooped their little plops of bodies into a hanging pot, and Husband hung it on a limb of the tree, near where they were found .  I could feel their little legs moving in my hands, but one of the birds didn't seem to have as much muscle tone as the other, and it's wing was sticking out.  We are just hoping for the best.

When I looked out the window this morning, I was much relieved and happy....

One of the parents was feeding them, and both babes were fluttering their wings...

Oh happy day!  They've been found by Mom and Dad, and are being fed!

I took these pictures through the blinds from inside the house, but hope to get some more outside later.  I used my 75-300mm telephoto lens...

Let's hope the neighborhood cats don't discover them........

Let's have  cheer for a  healthy fledging!

No comments:

Post a Comment